School Procedure Reference Guide for 2019
A paper copy of this letter will also be sent to your mailing address with the following week.
Dear Families of Navigator College,
We are excited about the beginning of a new year here at Navigator College and are very pleased to be providing a quality education for your child/ren. We look forward to continuing to build a great relationship with your family and wish you all the best for 2019.
Please find below essential information as we begin the new school year. We encourage you to refer back to this Reference Guide throughout the year.
Kind regards, Stephen Jude – Principal
Before the first day of school, please ensure you have:
- Downloaded the App: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/navigator-college/id906965085?mt=8
- Subscribed to the blog (website) : http://www.navigator.sa.edu.au/subscribe/
You will also need to:
- Like and Follow our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/navigator.sa.edu.au/
- Join the ‘Navigator College – Buy Swap or Sell Uniform’ Facebook page
- Seek the Newsletter fortnightly (via the College App, find it on the College blog, and in the Port Lincoln Times on alternate fortnights).
How can families get involved in our school community?
- We have two major events per year, the ‘Twilight Festival’ and the ‘Night with Navigator’ Fundraiser. Both these events provide opportunities for parents and families to be involved. Please visit the Front Office and express your interest there.
- Our Library is always looking for volunteers to cover new books etc. Please see our Librarians to express your interest.
- A whole school chapel is held twice per Term (see calendar of events on College website), and we encourage you to come along and join us after the service for morning tea with members of our community.
- There are also a number of College events throughout the year, where we would really appreciate your help. Middle/Senior School Splash Carnival and Sports Day are events that will be happening in the first term.These events rely heavily on our wonderful parents who volunteer their time. Again, please register your interest with the Front Office.
How we will communicate important information during the school year:
- If it is urgent – you will receive a phone call or an SMS message to the primary caregiver as indicated on your enrolment form.
- Class information will be sent home via a paper copy with the student, and a copy may also be sent to your email.
- Whole school information will be placed on the College blog, which if you are subscribed to, you will receive an email, and if you have the College App downloaded, you will also get a notification.
- The calendar of events for 2019 is also available on our website and the College App. This will be uploaded within the following weeks).
General School Day information:
School Timetable: Day starts at – 8.40am School finishes – 3.10pm
Recess: 10.50am to 11.10am
Lunch: 12.50pm to1.30pm
Absentees: Either SMS the College on 0427 179 483 OR fill in the Web form via the College website or on your College App.
Unexplained Absentees: A message will be sent to the primary carer alerting them of the child’s absentee and asking them to respond. This will be the only attempt to notify the primary carer of the absentee.
Student Sign in/out Procedure: Students MUST sign in and out via the electronic system at the Student Services Desk if they leave/return to school during the day. It is imperative that we have accurate records of who is present at any given time.
Late Notice: Students arriving after 8.40am MUST sign in at the student services desk.
Leaving school during the day: Please place a note in your child’s diary and ring or text ahead if you would like your child to meet you at the Student Services desk.
Leaving an URGENT Message for your child: Ring through to Student Services and we will phone the message through to their classroom. Please allow reasonable notice for an ‘end of the day’ message.
Parents/Visitors Sign in: Any person entering the school grounds MUST use the paper sign in book at either the Front Desk or Student Services. Parents staying to help in class for early morning reading etc., do not have to sign in as they are supervised at all times by a staff member.
If your contact details change: Please notify the Front Office immediately. It is imperative that we are able to make contact with you in case of an emergency.
Uniform: Your child will be required in appropriate School Uniform daily. Your child will be required to wear their PE (Sports) Uniform on the year levels timetabled sports day, which will be advised by their class teacher.
Canteen: Junior School must use our lunch bag ordering system. Middle/Senior School can purchase directly from the canteen.
Refer to the College website for further general information – www.navigator.sa.edu.au
Please remember to refer to the website and the FOR PARENTSmenu tab for items such as;
- Canteen menu
- Uniform Shop (including policy, opening hours & order forms)
- Bus information
- Newsletter Issues (current)
- Absentee Notice (students)
- Policies (including Grievances Policy, which outlines your first point on contact)
If you need further clarification about our College procedures, please do not hesitate to contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your child’s home class teacher. (Please use the following format for their email address: email@example.com).
Phone: 8682 5099
Office Hours: 8.00am to 4.00pm (Monday to Friday)
- Speak to Student Services for absentee’s and to leave messages for your child. Option #1 on answering service.
- Speak to the Front Office for general enquiries (including school fees). Option #2 on answering service.