We have students from other areas that would like to attend Navigator College and are looking for a Homestay Host Family!
Could this be you?
Homestay accommodation is arranged through the College Registrar and Homestay Coordinator.
When you volunteer to host a student, you are encouraged to:
- Welcome them as a member of your family
- Help your student adapt to your family, life and culture
- Provide a safe home environment including a bed, a place to study and three meals a day.
- Attend College orientation events, read the preparation materials and maintain regular contact with Navigator College.
- Understand school policies and expect your student to adhere to those policies.
- Familiarise your student with your community and its resources.
All you need to host a Homestay student is the ability and desire to open your home and heart to a new family member. Homestay families that are successful in hosting a student are people who show a duty of care, they:
- Have a friendly personality
- Are flexible
- Are good communicators
- Have acceptable moral and social values
- Have some experience dealing with young people
- Can provide a stable environment
- Have a balance in their judgement between the need for income and the welfare of a student
- Can provide clean and tidy accommodation
- Can ensure that in the event of illness the student receives medical attention
- Ensure that the student is home at agreed times and their whereabouts known at all times.
If you would like to know more, please contact Lisa Heidenreich on 8682 5099 or call into the Front office to make an appointment with her.