The Early Learning Centre (ELC) offers a program structured around play-based learning, whilst incorporating the principles of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. Our Qualified Early Childhood Teachers, deliver the program and specialise in Education with a focus on the development of the whole child.
The Centre is open 5 days a week, offering a morning and/or an afternoon session. Eighteen spaces are offered in each session (parents/caregivers must enrol in a minimum of 4 sessions). It is held on College grounds in a purpose built state of the art facility, which also includes an outdoor space especially designed for Early Childhood with a fenced playground and lawn area.
Essentially students have the opportunity to develop principles of play-based learning and the concept of the IB Program that will form a strong foundation for learning and aid their transition to Reception.
“This week my son Isaac has just completed his kindergarten at the Navigator Early Learning Centre (ELC). In the 6 months of attending he has grown in confidence, improved in attitude and been encouraged to take risks in his learning.
Isaac has settled into a daily routine of getting dressed in uniform, prepping his school bag and become familiar with the staff and surrounds of the college.
I am confident that we made the right choice when deciding sending Isaac to the ELC, although costly, it was a great investment and foundation for the start of his learning.
The ELC teachers are nurturing, creative and have wonderful resources at there fingertips, the “bush block” being a favourite for us. If you are considering Navigators as your family’s school, I strongly encourage you to begin from the start. Come along to the Lil Gators Play Group, try the ELC, meet the people who want your kids to succeed. You and your children won’t look back and when you watch your child walk confidently to reception already knowing their teachers and peers, you will know it was worth it!”
Jade Fraser – Mother of William Fraser (Year 2) & Isaac Fraser (ELC to Reception)
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE OUR EARLY LEARNING CENTRE?
* Small Sessions, maximising the potential of each child.
* To provide a seamless transition into Reception
* The opportunity for Pre-School up to 5 days a week, all within the one facility
* The opportunity for your child to build a strong foundation with the IB PYP before they commence school.
* Reception to Year 12 schooling on the one campus.
8.30am – 4.00pm weekdays (morning and afternoon session).
Parents/Caregivers will be able to choose the sessions and days which best suit their needs.
$800.00 per term for the minimum 4 sessions per week.
Additional sessions are available on a casual or permanent basis.
A annual composite fee of $200 will also apply.
Sibling rebates DO NOT apply for the Early Learning Centre.
Please contact the front office (ph. 8682 5099) for further information. Thank you.
If you have already filled out an Enrolment form for Reception with Navigator College, simply contact our Registrar and ask to have your enrolment brought forward to include the ELC.
If you are new to our College, please fill out an Enrolment form which can be downloaded from the Enrolment Page or contact the Registrar. We would be pleased to offer you a tour of the College and the Early Learning Centre.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q1. Does my child have to go to the ELC to be able to start in Reception?
- No. A number of students will access other Pre-school options. However, preference for Reception places will be given to students who access the ELC.
Q2. Can I pick the sessions that I want my child to attend?
- There will be two session groups on each day. Parents will be able to nominate the sessions they would prefer. The amount of children per session will be determined by staff/student ratios. Should a session request be oversubscribed priority may be determined by the date the request has been received. Please ensure you complete the information at the bottom of the Session Preference form to assist us, should this occur.
Q3. Do I get a refund if my child misses a session?
- To keep the costs as low as possible fees have been based on full term attendance and as such there will be no refunds for missed sessions.
Q4. When can my child start at the ELC?
- To fall in line with the Reception intakes, the College ELC will also have two intakes for students.
- To start in the ELC in Term 1, your child must turn 4 on or before the 1st of May of that year. Children who begin in Term 1 will have 4 terms in the ELC and progress to Reception in Term 1 of the following year
- To start in the ELC in Term 3, your child must turn 4 on or before the 31st of October in that year. Children who begin in Term 3 will have four terms in the ELC and then progress to Reception in Term 3 of the following year.
SESSION PREFERENCE SHEET:
ELC 2 Hour Permanent Booking Fee $20 per session
PHOTO: Students enjoying the ‘Navigator Bush Block’ where they are able to explore and learn.
Dealing with Infectious Diseases Policy (2)
Dealing with Medical Conditions Policy
Delivery and Collection of Children Policy
Enrolment Policy Grievance Policy
Incident Injury Trauma and Illness
Nutrition food and beverages Policy