Navigator College’s curriculum has elements that are consistent across Junior, Middle and Senior school as well as having features that are distinct for each school.
- The Junior School is authorised to teach the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP).
- The Middle School is in the pre-authorisation phase of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP)
- The Senior School is engaged in developing and support pathways to SACE.
Consistent elements of the Navigator College curriculum include that our curriculum:
- Aims to be concept-driven and transdisciplinary in nature, (see below);
- Incorporates the Key Learning Areas;
- Aims to build on prior learning and experiences and incorporates planned sequential development of skills;
- Considers the specific learning required of each associated key learning area;
- Encourages and includes a range of purposeful contexts and links between school experiences, home and the wider school community;
- Uses a variety of ICTs and resources, including people, from within the school and the wider community;
- Incorporates inquiry learning;
- Involves ongoing assessment and evaluation.
For further information about the curriculum offered in each school please continue through the following pages:
“Navigator College has been my most rewarding teaching experiences I have had in my many years of teaching. I Feel cared for, valued, appreciated and supported by all staff and I am honoured to be a part of the team at Navigator. I have been challenged both professionally and continue to be inspired by the supportive and welcoming environment this School creates for all learners” – Miss Pam Treasure, Year 2/3 Teacher